Being able to live in NYC has been a tremendous privilege & throughout my time here, I have been looking for engaging & meaningful ways to leverage my position for the benefit of my colleagues & students in Malaysia. I want all students in Malaysia to be global citizens, as well as motivated to constantly improve their English language proficiency. So come, Malaysia, walk with me in NYC!
==How do I choose a landmark?==
1. Follow this link to the voting form:
2. Only Malaysian school teachers, students, or parents can vote. No undi haram please.
3. I’ve listed several landmarks, but you can also make suggestions.
4. You can change your vote at any time. You can also see the latest results at any time.
5. I will shoot a video for the first state to get 1000 votes on one landmark. At that point, other states will have to choose another landmark.
6. For each state, the 3 schools with the highest participation in the voting process will get a shoutout in their video
==What’s in the video?==
— My double-chin-chin. Oh, you want more?
— I’ll take you on a walk at the landmark: show you the scenery & focus on key parts.
— I’ll talk about the history of the place / parts.
— I’ll share my thoughts about the place / parts.
— I’ll end with 3 questions for discussion & thought.
— Here’s an example video that I made for SMPKVIP:
==TEACHERS! You can use it for:==
— Pre-video Lessons: Ss research the different landmarks + presentation + campaign for their favorite one + vote as a collective
— During-video Lessons: Dictation / Close Text / Comprehension Questions
— Post-video Lessons: Group presentation on the 3 questions / a meaningful writing assignment / a video response / haiku writing
— English Assembly
— English Week
Let me know your thoughts & questions in the comments!